Pinwheels 4 Prevention - Photo Contest
Contest Opens April 1st, 2018!
For Child Abuse Prevention Month 2018, CO4Kids and Illuminate Colorado are partnering to hold a statewide pinwheel photo contest. Read on for information about prizes, guidelines, and voting! Winners (photos with the most likes) will be announced at the beginning of May. We are so excited to see the creative ways Coloradans show their support for Pinwheels for Prevention!
Click here for some pinwheel garden ideas. Photos can be of pinwheel gardens, pinwheel events, creative collaborations of people holding pinwheels, or pinwheel arrangements in whatever way your inspiration leads. Photo and contest guidelines are below.
1st Place Winner | Sponsored by CO4Kids
Prize: Statewide Recognition + $1,000 toward a nonprofit organization of your choosing that works to support families and prevent child maltreatment
2nd Place Winner | Sponsored by the Kempe Foundation
Prize: Statewide Recognition + $500 toward an nonprofit organization of your choosing that works to support families and prevent child maltreatment
3rd Place Winner | Sponsored by the Get Grounded Foundation
Prize: Statewide Recognition + $250 toward an nonprofit organization of your choosing that works to support families and prevent child maltreatment
Please read all of the guidelines carefully. Submissions that do not follow the guidelines and submission instructions will not be considered.
- Although anyone can enter, prizes must go toward a nonprofit organization that works to support families and prevent child maltreatment.
- Photos must be of a pinwheel garden, pinwheel event, or other Child Abuse Prevention Month activity for April 2018.
- Photos must be taken and submitted between April 1st - April 30th 2018 in Colorado.
- Only use the official pinwheels provided through Illuminate Colorado/Prevent Child Abuse America. You can purchase pinwheels here.
- Limit 1 entry per person.
- Only image files 10 MB or less will be accepted.
- Photos must be original and taken by the person submitting the photo, or with that person's expressed permission. You cannot enter the contest with a photo that you do not own and have permission to use.
- If any children are included in a photo, you must provide a signed photo release from the parent or caregiver of that child.
- Photos can only be submitted once. In the instance that two people submit the same photo, only the first entry will be considered.
- Promote the pinwheels in a positive manner and with positive messages and slogans (the pinwheels cannot be used to represent child abuse victims, cases, reports, or fatalities),
- Use the "Pinwheels for Prevention" campaign name.
- Photos must not include watermarks, branding, or advertising of any kind.
1. Step One: Read the contest guidelines carefully.
2. Step Two: Fill out & submit the form below.
3. Step Three: Once approved, we will upload your photo to the @CO4Kids Facebook Page under the #Pinwheels4Prevention photo album. Send friends, family, and supporters to the @CO4Kids Facebook "Pinwheels4Prevention" photo album to "like" your picture submission.
Winners will be selected based on the number of "likes" the photo receives, so make sure to like it and spread the word!
Only "likes" on the original photo on the CO4Kids Facebook page will be counted.
Winners (photos with the most likes) will be announced at the beginning of May.