We are so excited to announce that we are hiring an Early Childhood Teacher!
Under the guidance of the Child Care Manager, the Early Childhood Teacher will plan, organize, implement, and deliver an infant and toddler program curriculum to meet enrolled children’s individual and group educational, intellectual, physical, social, and emotional needs. This position will manage a mobile child care classroom for children whose parents are working to address complex issues impacting their family, such as mental health concerns, substance use disorders, or employment challenges; and ensure that the mobile classroom remains in compliance with the State of Colorado Child Care Licensing and ensure that the mobile classroom remains in compliance with the State of Colorado Child Care Licensing standards.
Experience & Skills:
- Enthusiastic leader and team member with a positive attitude.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills – ability to understand intermediate written materials and compose information/instruction in written form.
- Effective interpersonal skills to support ongoing interaction with other employees, the general public, and children and parents within the community.
- Effective organizational, time management and multitasking skills.
- Excellent judgment as well as problem solving/decision making abilities.
- Remain calm and calm others in an emergency, stressful and/or confrontational situation.
- Identify conflict and take the steps necessary to resolve the issues or involve others to resolve the issues.
- Work well with other people taking into consideration, among the dynamics, their needs, their personal style, and the requirements of their jobs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications.
- Professional Development Information System (PDIS) Level 2 Early Childhood Teacher
- Must meet or be willing to work towards obtaining the Colorado Child Care Infant Nursery Supervisor requirements (ECE 111 and ECE 112; Expanding Quality in Infant Toddler Care; or Child Development Associate)
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Must pass background check, post-employment medical examination and drug screen
- Experience working in Head Start or Early Head Start program preferred
Compensation: This is a full-time position eligible for benefits. Starting salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience in the range of $40,000 – $50,000.
This position will be required to travel to service locations in the Denver Metro area. Mileage will be reimbursed. A cell phone will be needed to complete necessary duties regarding this position. At this time a cell phone stipend will not be provided. Flexibility to work a pre-set alternating schedule that will include opening and closing center hours with possibility of occasional evenings and weekends. The start and ending hours can range from 7:30am to 9:00pm.
Illuminate Colorado offers health and dental benefits as well as participation in a Simple IRA, EAP, and Life & AD&D benefits. In addition, Illuminate has a generous paid time off policy.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references via email with “Early Childhood Teacher” in the subject line to email@example.com. The application deadline will remain open until position is filled.
We are so excited to announce that we are hiring a Bilingual Communications & Education Associate! Under the guidance of the Communications Manager, this position will work with our entire organization and community members from all over the state to manage first...
We are so excited to announce that we are hiring a Community Initiatives Associate! Under the guidance of the Senior Community Initiatives Manager, the Community Initiatives Associate is responsible for managing logistics and coordinating tasks for coalitions and...
Mother, pediatric therapist and Co-founder of Kinspire offers tips to ease mealtime stress with your picky eater.