Looking for a job that allows you to flex your team leadership skills, ensure Coalitions & Organizational Practice Change Initiatives measure toward collective impact, and help guide Initiatives through strategic planning?
This position is for you!
Under the guidance of a Deputy Director, the Director of Strategic Initiatives is responsible for overseeing the strategic planning, facilitation, and ongoing coordination of multiple coalitions working to positively impact children & families within Colorado. This position will serve as a member of the Leadership Team and ensure initiatives are responsive to current needs, aligned with organizational mission, and set up for success in the future.
The Director of Strategic Initiatives will:
- Ensure that all Coalitions & Organizational Practice Change Initiatives that Illuminate convenes are guided by strategic planning, use inclusive processes, and measure toward collective impact;
- Offer leadership and supervision to the Strategic Initiatives Team;
- Support the development of funding applications and reporting requirements; and Offer coalition management and facilitation to the Colorado Infant Safe Sleep Partnership.
Experience, Skills, and Qualifications:
- At least five years of coalition management, community organizing, and/or facilitation experience
- Passion for facilitating collaborative processes
- Commitment to advancing social and racial equity through collective action
- Experience and/or knowledge of the Collective Impact Model
- Experience facilitating participatory strategic planning and implementation
- Experience managing staff and leading teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage collaborative projects, including balancing deadlines with coalition input
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain highly collaborative working relationships with individuals of diverse professional backgrounds, technical expertise, and lived experience
- Comfort with ambiguity, shifting environments, and shared decision making
- Ability to balance multiple projects with shared deadlines while being responsive to emergent needs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Knowledge related to child maltreatment prevention, Strengthening Families protective factors, maternal child health, substance use disorders, child sexual abuse prevention, and/or infant safe sleep
- Experience with family strengthening programming or systems
- Experience working with a broad range of populations, particularly in a coalition capacity
Compensation and Schedule:
This is a full-time position eligible for benefits. Starting salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience in the range of $70,000 – $80,000. Illuminate Colorado offers health and dental benefits as well as participation in a 401K, EAP, and Life Insurance benefits. In addition, Illuminate Colorado has an unlimited paid time off policy and offers both flexible scheduling and remote work.
We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references via email with “Director of Strategic Initiatives” in the subject line to email@example.com.
Noon on December 15, 2022
Check out these other job postings!
Looking for a job that allows you to flex your project coordination, stakeholder outreach, and logistics management skills? This position is for you!
Looking for a job that allows you to flex your grant management, event planning, and donor cultivation and engagement skills? This position is for you! Under the guidance of a Deputy Director, the Grants & Development Manager is a new position which will play a...
Looking for a job that allows you to flex your policy research and analysis skills, participate in policy coalitions, and manage policy communications for stakeholders? This position is for you! In this position you will be exposed to all aspects of developing and...