Looking for a job that allows you to flex your project coordination, stakeholder outreach, and logistics management skills?
This position is for you!
Under the guidance of the Senior Community Initiatives Manager, the Community Initiatives Associate is responsible for managing logistics and coordinating tasks for coalitions and other collaborative spaces, with an emphasis on primary prevention of child maltreatment.
The Community Initiatives Associate will:
- Manage meeting scheduling and logistics, including creation of virtual meeting links, creation and maintenance of calendar invitations, and support of in-meeting technology needs
- Document accurate and timely meeting notes and track attendance
- Support collection and maintenance of participants’ demographic information
- Maintain the organization of meeting notes, deliverables, and shared documents
- Support the Senior Community Initiatives Manager with deliverable completion, including reporting
- In coordination with the Finance team, lead Community Initiatives family voice compensation process across multiple projects
- Implement the Communications Plan for the Colorado Partnership for Thriving Families
Experience, Skills, and Qualifications:
- One to three years of coordination or administrative experience, including communications support experience
- Experience working with coalitions and/or community organizing experience
- Experience coordinating research projects or story sharing projects
- Strong attention to detail, superior task management and organizational skills
- Passion for supporting collaborative processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to advancing social and racial equity through collective action.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain highly collaborative working relationships with individuals of diverse professional backgrounds, technical expertise, and lived experience.
- Ability to balance multiple projects with shared deadlines while being responsive to emergent needs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel) and Gsuite
- Experience and/or knowledge related to child maltreatment prevention, Strengthening Families protective factors, and/or maternal child health
- Experience working with a broad range of populations, particularly in a coalition capacity
- Proficiency in using MailChimp, Apricot, Smartsheet, Alchemer, and or similar systems
- Fluency in Spanish
Compensation and Schedule:
This is a full-time position eligible for benefits. Starting salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience in the range of $40,000 – $50,000
Illuminate Colorado offers health and dental benefits as well as participation in a 401K, EAP, and Life Insurance benefits. In addition, Illuminate Colorado has an unlimited paid time off policy and offers both flexible scheduling and remote work. Residency in Colorado, or anticipated relocation to Colorado in the near future (at your own expense), is a condition of employment with Illuminate.
We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references via email with “Community Initiatives Associate” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Noon on February 9, 2023
Check out these other job postings!
Looking for a job that allows you to flex your grant management, event planning, and donor cultivation and engagement skills? This position is for you! Under the guidance of a Deputy Director, the Grants & Development Manager is a new position which will play a...
Looking for a job that allows you to flex your team leadership skills, ensure Coalitions & Organizational Practice Change Initiatives measure toward collective impact, and help guide Initiatives through strategic planning? This position is for you! Under the...
Looking for a job that allows you to flex your policy research and analysis skills, participate in policy coalitions, and manage policy communications for stakeholders? This position is for you! In this position you will be exposed to all aspects of developing and...