« All Events
Conversation Guide for Professionals on Substance Use, Children, & Families Training
November 17 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm Free
The Substance Use Conversation Guide is a tool for professionals that provides direction on strengths-based conversations with families on substances and substance use, including sections on safe storage, safe and engaged caregiving, and the Protective Factors. Safe storage bags, family handouts – available in both English & Spanish – accompany the Conversation Guide to support professionals in starting and continuing these conversations. This training addresses the concepts found in the Conversation Guide, and also explores stigma, bias, boundaries, screening tools, and resource/referral options. Following training, participants will have access to all materials and ongoing consultation and support from Illuminate Colorado.
Learners receive program materials at no charge!
- The Conversation Guide for Professionals on Substance Use, Children, and Families
- 10 locking safe-storage bags for distribution to families
- Parent handouts containing evidence-based information
- 4-hour Certificate of Completion
- Ongoing support and supplies
- Aligns with strengths-based programs to enhance practice
- Establishes workers as safe people to talk openly with
- Encourages active listening and open dialogue
- Acknowledges Bias to Avoid Stigmatization and Judgment
- Helps workers to meet families “Where They Are”
- Addresses safety and well-being in all homes organically
- Universal messages can add safety in all families
Who should take this training?
- Family services workers
- Healthcare professionals
- Home visitors