- This event has passed.
Child Maltreatment Prevention Awareness Campaign Planning Committee Meeting
February 18 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
24 people are attending Child Maltreatment Prevention Awareness Campaign Planning Committee Meeting
As the Colorado Chapter of Prevent Child Abuse America, Illuminate Colorado leads the Pinwheels for Prevention Campaign in Colorado and a collaborative effort to raise awareness during child abuse prevention month each year. Since 2009, this collaborative effort in Colorado has grown exponentially over the years with hundreds of local organizations and thousands of passionate people organizing pinwheels displays – one of the many ways we work together to inspire conversations about how to strengthening families in Colorado.
Last year, more 40,000 pinwheels were ordered by Coloradans in 119 different cities, promoting more than 62 million messages through earned media, paid media and organic social media reaching more than 81,000 Coloradans to strengthen families during this stressful time in our lives.
We encourage elected officials, community and state partners, educators, employers, parents, caregivers and young people who are passionate about strengthening families to get more involved, collaborate and guide activities for April Child Abuse Prevention Month in 2022.
If you’d like to get more involved in the planning committee or just want to inform the awareness campaigns goals and activities in 2022, PLEASE JOIN US!
Can’t attend the planning meeting, but interested in getting involved? RSVP “can’t go” or contact us to get more support organizing your community or organization’s efforts to raise awareness!
5 min – Introductions & Ice Breaker
Chat in Name, Title, Organization
10 min – Open Community Updates & Activities Planned
2 min – Review Toolkit Portals
3 min – Promotional Plan
– 2/23 – 3/18 – Campaign Partner Outreach – Sign Up Today!
– Colorado Parent Magazine – Event Calendar 4/1 Event (Promotion Begins 3/1)
– 3/18 – 3/29 Promotion of Campaign Launch Event & Wear Blue Day
– Colorado Parent Magazine – Website Banner & Newsletter (Promotion Begins 3/18 – 60 Days)
– Colorado Parent Magazine – 4 Stories from Parent/Caregiver Stories (Promotion Begins 3/28 through end of April)
– NEED Storytellers – Contributing your story to the narrative in Colorado to promote positive community norms that strengthen families is one of the most powerful gifts you can give to future generations of Coloradans.
– 3/18 – COPinwheelsForPrevention.org
Community Calendar (3/18) if you are planning activities or events that you’d like promoted. Email Justine Von Arb <firstname.lastname@example.org>
– Become a Campaign Partner
25 min – Campaign Launch Event
Draft Speakers Agenda – April 1@ 11 AM – 12 PM
Emcee: Beverley Besha Moore, Illuminate Colorado Board of Directors and Ms. Colorado 2020 of the Black America Pageant
– CDHS Organizing Sponsor – Minna Castillo Cohen (Confirmed)
– Governor (Invited) Read Proclamation(?)
– Elected Official Championing 2022 Legislation that Strengthens Families (TBD)
– Parents & Caregiver Speaker:
Narrative should highlight policies and/or services that strengthen all of us during times of uncertainty or increased stress. Working together, we can relieve some of the overload that parents experience and free them up to focus on caring for themselves and their kids.
15 min – Media Outreach
Media Outreach for 4/1 – GroundFloor Media (Promotion 3/28-4/4)
Campaign Partner Local Media Outreach (4/4 – 4/24)
Illuminate Colorado – Recap Press Release (4/25-4/28)
Meeting Poll – Doodle Poll Week of 2/28
Adrienne Baxter- CDHS Office of Children, Youth & Families
Jenny Bender – Colorado CASA
Katie Facchinello – Illuminate Colorado
Laura Knudtson – Colorado Home Visiting Coalition
Ryan Kistler – Illuminate Colorado
Emily Port – GroundFloor Media
Esmeralda Santillano – CDHS Office of Early Childhood
Justine Von Arb – – Illuminate Colorado