Circle of Parents are specialized parent support groups designed to build protective factors in families. Examples of current focus areas include: Recovery Support, Parents and Families affected by Substance Use, and Parents and Families Impacted by Trauma.
The model is based on the following network standards to guide group implementation:
- The groups utilize the mutual self-help support model.
- A trained group facilitator and parent leader facilitate the support groups.
- Open groups meet regularly and are offered at no cost to any participant.
- Children’s Program or Childcare Available
- The group facilitator, parent leader and other group members are available to one another between group meetings.
- Groups are ongoing, require no intake, and, are open to all parents.
- Group members are assured of confidentiality in a non-judgmental environment within the limits of the law.
- Community resource information that supports healthy family development is available to all group members.
Circle of Parents in Recovery
- Acknowledges these accomplishments
- Builds positive peer support networks
- Prevents relapse and sustains recovery
- Prevents future child abuse or neglect
Circle of Parents Facilitator Training (2 Full Days)
Announcement coming soon!
Learn more about the Circle of Parents Program Model & National Network.
FASD Parent Support Groups
Illuminate Colorado's FASD Parent Support Groups are specialized parent support groups designed to uniquely support caregivers of children with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder.
Our FASD Parent Support Groups also follow the Circle of Parents model of mutual self-help, building protective factors in families, and are confidential and non-judgmental.
All groups are free, open to the public, and childcare is available upon advance request. Click on a group flyer to learn more.
Circle Group Locations
- A Caring Pregnancy Center
- Aurora Community Connections
- Denver Indian Family Resource Center
- Hilltop Community Resources
- Catholic Charities Pueblo
- Betty Ford Children's Program
- Clean Slate Recovery Center
- Savio House - Jefferson County Family Integrated Treatment Court
- Savio House - El Paso Family Treatment Drug Court
- Denver County Adult Drug Court